How do I grow great Tomatoes?
- Soil preparation is key - add a good soil conditioner and plenty of well rotted manure to the ground before planting
- Space - Space your plants well - allow at least 1m x 1m of space between plants to allow for maximum light and air exposure
- Feed - Tomato plants are hungry, feed regularly and add a liquid or granular potash every fortnight once flowering starts
- Water - Water your plants at least twice a week - water the roots only, deep slow watering is best - tomatoes hate having wet leaves
- Train - grow your tomatoes up canes and prune out young shoots that emerge from nodes along the stem - doing this allows light in and air to move around